Saturday, March 28, 2009

Former Child Star

I am currently writing a comic book script that I hope will go places. It is a one shot and I am spending a lot of time to make it the best possible story i can make it.

Soon after I finish that, i may actually write a short four or five page comic script that I will illustrate myself. It will take place over the course of one evening after a former child star gets off of his dull, dead end job. He reflects on his past as well as his future.

It is a story of reflection, despair and how the thing you wanted most in your life was probably not the best possible solution. It's about making choices, telling truths about yourself and dealing with a world that does not see you as special anymore.

I am really excited about writing this and because it is going to be short, it will be easy to edit and tweak and perfect. Visually, i see the art in my head. I see it as thin black cross hatching. Very dark, very moody. It will have that private eye noir, walking in the rain, voice over feel to it.

I am really fired up on it and my ultimate goal is to submit it to Image Comics and hope it is good enough to make it in a future issue of POPGUN!

3 comments:

James said...

Good luck with this. It sounds rather deep!

Ralph- said...

I am not intending it to be deep. It is mostly a dark comedy of sorts.

Bethany James Leigh Shady said...

awesome!

you and i should write something together. justin's got the hookup at image. let's do it!