Saturday, March 7, 2009

Watchmen - Review

I don't want to go on and on about Watchmen, but I have to tell you that I was really impressed. I have not read the book, but I think that helped my viewing. My only gripe with the film was that there was little character development for Ozymandias. I would have loved to see his back story a bit more as well as showing him interact with the Watchmen during their heyday. Rorschach was cool. He was like a super over the top version of Batman. I think of all of the characters, Nite Owl was my favorite. He is the one guy in this movie that is good and willing to right the injustices in the world for the sake of humanity. He is a good guy who just wants to help those who can't help themselves. He is the Bob Parr of the Watchmen world and is reliving the glory days, not for revenge or personal gain. He does it because he is a symbol of the past. I like that he even gets the girl. This movie was really entertaining and i am looking forward to seeing it again. I am not rushing out to go read the book, but i am really excited to see the extended cut.

★ ★ ★ ½

No comments: