Friday, July 24, 2009

Comic Con '09 - Thursday

Another great day at the Convention. After doing my best to get my hands on some toys for work, me and Richard finally got our hands on armfuls of Hasbro stuff. Of course he left me to purchase the one My Little Pony exclusive this year. So that is the second year in a row that i purchased a My Little Pony at Comic Con. Of course it wasn't with my own money, but still, i had to go up and ask for one.

After work was done for the day, i headed down to Artist Alley and met up with Beth and Jorge. Beth was looking for artists for her new book. I think i give that project a go, if i am good enough. We headed over to the Image booth to check out some things and Mike Allred was hanging out at the booth with his son Han. Mike's eyes lit up when he saw Jorge so i introduced them. It was a pretty magical nerd experience, to say the least. Mike quickly handed Jorge a copy of Red Rocket 7, Madman Atomic Comics vol. 1 as well as Madman Gargantua. Quite a haul!!

After some wandering around, i headed over to the Oni Press booth and got my copy of You Have Killed Me signed by Jamie and Joƫlle. They are the coolest folks! Jamie signed my book with an anti-Blackest Night message on it. I laughed when i got back to the hotel and read it. I will have to thank him!

For dinner i went to this place called the Broken Yolk. They serve breakfast all day long and i had a killer Monti Cristo as well as two large ice teas! It was at dinner when i realized that i fucked up big time. I was so busy and having so much fun that i forgot to go to the Digital Bits panel. In all of my years coming to Comic Con, i have NEVER missed that panel and i am pissed that i did.

After dinner we headed down to the convention center and in to Ballroom 20 for a screening of Green Lantern: First Flight!! Kirk and Laurie met up with us and i talked their ears off about Food Network for about an hour. Bruce Timm came out to introduce the movie, but before it started he made all 2,600 people in Ballroom 20 stand up and recite the Green Lantern Oath!! He followed up with, "we are officially the nerdiest place in the convention", which made everyone cheer! WE DID IT!! Since i had my camera with me i decided to record the giant Oath Reciting Event on my camera, unfortunately my camera did not record the audio, which pretty much makes the footage completely useless. Oh well, maybe i will post it anyway.

At the end of the night i hung out front of the hotel for a bit, while Jeremy and Lenny went on a scavenger hunt for Flynn Lives and ended up at Flynn's Arcade, which apparently has playable Space Paranoids as well and a full size lit up Lightcycle rotating on a turntable. I did not go to Flynn's Arcade because my poor legs were super tired. Maybe it will still be open tonight.

Ran into Brian Posehn again, that makes 5 years straight!

Talk to you folks tomorrow, i can't believe it is only Thursday!

No comments: