Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Dharmalars: SOS-316

When Craig stopped doing the "Make Your Own Kind of Music with Scott and Steve" podcast three years ago, I was pretty disappointed. Three weeks had past and I had come up with an idea to gather some other Lost podcasters and die hard "MYOKOM" fans to send some audio files and do a show. Armed Ryan's laptop and my friend Ben, we started to record reviews based on the episodes that Craig missed in hopes that he would return.

The idea worked! Craig returned with Ryan Howard and made the announcement that the Dharmalars would continue on his feed. I remember listening to that show and thinking, What? I had fun doing the show, so I figured that it couldn't hurt doing a show. I mean, i was already talking about Lost with Ben, i might as well record it. People seemed to enjoy it, so the show went on.

After three years of doing the show, I just could not go on. I have been struggling all season to keep up with the show. It takes a lot of time out of my already busy schedule and of all the things in my life going on right now, this, unfortunately is the most expendable. I love this show to death. Just talking about canceling it makes me upset.

I love the show with all my heart and I have had a blast over the last three years editing and posting it. I just wanted to let everyone know that I will continue to check emails, post on scottandsteve.blogspot.com and check the myspace page. I highly encourage everyone to check out The Transmission, The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack and especially The Lost Initiative with Kim and Aimee. I hope that Jimmy continues the Lost Score. He is a major part of the dharmalars and my favorite.

It is hard to say goodbye, but i hope that i see you in line for the Lost Panel at this year's comic con!

14 comments:

DrefrmLA said...

First Conan, kinda, now this. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Well you have a good damn reason for saying goodbye. So thanks all of you guys. The Dharmalars are hands down my favorite podcast show. And well be missed. :(

Bobby said...

The Island is not done with you, guys.

Anonymous said...

well I guess now I have to start a show demanding that Ben come back with a new co host.

Scott said...

Ralph, Ben, and Producer Ryan... You will be missed. I love your guys sense of humor. Your take on a lost podcast was great. I never missed an episode. I liked the little "podcast rivalry" you guys seemed to be starting up with Jay and Jack too.

Hopefully I get to hear from you guys sometime soon.
I know what you do is something that must take a lot of time out of your lives. Good luck to you guys.
Looking forward to the final episode.

- Scott

Hawaii Hackathons said...

Aue! What sad news. No "LOST" podcast is anything like "The Dharmalars." None could ever be. But if there's anything I can identify with, it's not having enough hours in the day. (Where's OUR frozen donkey wheel?) Glad you'll still be posting, and hopefully still haunting our "LOST" lives like the ghost of Christian Shephard. See you in another life.

arbitrary said...

Aww, will miss you loads!

the_knobster said...

What???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DarkUFO said...

Thanks for all the podcasts in the past

Chris JC said...

I demand that Producer Ryan's laugh be dubbed into the background of all LOST podcasts for the next month as a mark of respect.

Dharmalars - 5 Stars.

Unknown said...

What about the greenshorts? If ur canceling dharmalars, I should only hope ur giving that up too!

Jennifer said...

Dude, no! You guys are awesome. I'll miss you. Hope we can still meet up at Comic Con!

Jackie Turner said...

You guys created an awesome show. See you in another life, brother.

~Karen~ said...

I am sad to hear this news.
The LOST community will never be the same without The Dharmalars. You have entertained and enlightened us. You and the guys have made us all smile.
LOST brought so many people together, and I am honored to have come to know you and the guys through the show and via myspace.
You guys are SO creative and I hope you'll "Come back around!"

*Hugs to The Dharmalars*
~Karen~
aka
~Shortcake~

Ralph- said...

Thanks Everyone. I have a feeling that you won't be hearing the last of me.